Salary Scale: £26,086 pro rata 28 hours per week (£34,471 FTE)
Accountable to: Wales Development Manager
Hours: 28 Hours per week
Contract: June 2021 – 31 March 2024
Location: Home-based in Wales, with travel around Wales.
We want to reduce loneliness and help make our communities more connected. We believe everyone should be able to choose who they spend time with. We offer guidance, best practice, a community of people sharing their lives, legal advice and insurance.
Over the past four years the Homeshare UK team have driven the growth and development of Homeshare across the UK and ROI. This role will bring Homeshare to Wales, by supporting three geographic areas to plan and develop a new Homeshare service in their area.
The key objectives for this role include:
- Supporting the development and start-up of 3 new Homeshare pilots in Wales.
- Support Homeshare to become recognised as a mainstream housing and a preventative social care model.
- Work with the Homeshare UK team to support the promotion of Homeshare across Wales, the UK, and worldwide through our international work.
- Support an increase in take up of Homeshare particularly by people from diverse background and communities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the planning and development of new Homeshare pilots in three areas across Wales.
- Support underpinning feasibility work in 3 geographic areas, which will include both mapping and awareness raising work that will help identify key locations for development.
- Deliver a series of capacity building workshops that will support new organisations to understand the Homeshare model, develop sustainable business plans and to access funding.
- Engage with key local stakeholders in Wales to support them to better understand Homeshare.
- Support the development, setting up and support resources for each of the new programmes.
- Work with individual organisations to support start up, development, and access to peer support.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance through the Homeshare UK network.
- Support an increase in the number of people from diverse backgrounds and communities participating in Homeshare.
- Support Homeshare UK work to help identify and overcome key policy barriers that may impact on wider groups of people participating in Homeshare.
- Support our wider work to develop new models of Homeshare included rented models that would enable Householders to financially benefit from participation.
- Work to help establish Homeshare being recognised as both a mainstream housing and preventive social care option.
- Collect evidence of cost savings and the impact on key policy areas to facilitate wider commissioning of Homeshare in Wales.
- Support collection of data and reporting on outcomes from across the network.
- Help raise awareness of the Homeshare model, Homeshare UK and the work of our network members.
- Actively support the promotion of Homeshare UK through social media and other channels.
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings representing Homeshare UK.
- Support the Homeshare UK Team by helping coordinate effective and timely engagement between the network members, media and PR opportunities.
- To contribute to the effective administration of Homeshare UK.
- Help identify funding sources and support applications to grant giving organisations to support the continuation and further development of the Homeshare in Wales.
- Help maintain and create content for the Homeshare UK communications.
- Support the delivery of Homeshare strategic support and advice services by helping develop paid for resources and delivery of consultancy to paying customers.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
Please send updated CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Supporting Statement should be kept to a maximum of two pages and should include:
- Why you want to work for the Homeshare sector
- How you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification (please use the job description/personal specification) showing:
- Relevant skills and experience
- How your knowledge, values and attitude make you a suitable candidate
- How you would meet the practical requirements of the job
Closing date and interviews
- Closing date, 9am, 7 May 2021.
- Pre-interviews to be held via zoom on 12 and 13 May 2021.
Full interviews to be held via zoom on 18 May 2021.