We believe everyone should be able to choose who they spend time with – and do what matters to them. We want to reduce loneliness and help make our communities more connected. We offer guidance, best practice, a community of people sharing their lives, legal advice and insurance.
As part of its development and growth, Shared Lives Plus is looking for a Membership and Data Officer to help collect member related data and translate it into valuable insight which ultimately will help Shared Lives Plus guide its decision making, improve its membership offer and support the senior team and members to shape and influence national and local policy agenda. You will support the role out of our new scheme membership offer and provide cover for the senior administrative officer. The role also provides opportunity to lead on smaller research project and collaborate with colleagues and external partners.
- Identify, monitor and evaluate issues affecting the Shared Lives membership in partnership with colleagues and members.
- Effectively communicate outcomes to a range of audiences and ensure our members voices are reflected in any changes to the membership offer and in responses to any national consultation opportunities.
- To assist and provide cover in the administration of Shared Lives Plus scheme membership
- To assist with planning, co-ordinating and delivering the Shared Lives Plus Events and meetings programme including some admin support
1. Identify, monitor and evaluate issues affecting the Shared Lives membership in partnership with colleagues and members.
- Maintain accurate membership information
- Design and conduct member surveys critically evaluating information and prepare recommendations and/or reports based on the analysis
- Analyse and interrogate large datasets and summarise findings in a clear and easy to understand format
- Collaborate closely with the wider team to provide data driven information
2. Effectively communicate outcomes to a range of audiences and ensure our members voices are reflected in any consultation responses
- Develop and manage positive, growing relationships with all members and encourage collaboration.
- Use data to help the membership team enhance and improve the delivery of value in its activities and services
- Translate data and research into insights and recommendations
- Find the storyline and create compelling narratives through data
- Communicate results of analysis in a variety of ways, verbally and written, to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Support production of the annual Shared Lives Plus Sector report by helping develop questionnaires for the collection of information from key stakeholders, help collate information and support writing report content that captures, growth, good practice and key recommendations for the sector.
3. To assist and provide cover in the administration of Shared Lives Plus scheme membership
- Provide accurate and consistent membership retention and engagement statistics
- Use our CRM database (ensuring and enhancing the quality of the relevant data points) and finding ways to increase its effectiveness
- Deliver training and onboarding sessions on CRM for colleagues and new joiners
- Build customised reports on specific member segments providing new perspectives and sparking ideas on member services
- Build and maintain reports to monitor our key performance indicators and other metrics
4. To assist with planning, co-ordinating and delivering the Shared Lives Plus Events and meetings programme including some admin support
- Organise conferences, webinars, meetings and forums that meet the needs of our membership and enhance the organisations image building relationships between Shared Lives Plus and its members.
- Provide some administraton support to network meetings and forums including collation of agendas and minutes taking.
- Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus’s aims, objectives, policies and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post. As Shared Lives Plus is a small organisation, all staff carry out ‘hands on’ work at all levels, on occasion.
6. Working practice
- To work positively and co-operatively as part of our team and with our partners
- To work in a way which is consistent with our philosophy and values
- To work in a way which promotes equality and celebrates diversity, empowering people from overlooked or excluded groups
- To operate in a way that is consistent with our legal responsibilities including health and safety legislation and guidance
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
- 1 to 2 years of experience in data analysis. and management or business intelligence
- Experience of building strong relationships and managing projects
- Experience of working with survey tools or platforms
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively on own initiative,
- Experience of working in customer-focused and, ideally, membership organisations
- Ability to manage time efficiently, to prioritise and to work well under pressure
- Competency in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Good communicator and relationship builder
- Capacity to translate data and research into insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills to analyse data and reports
- Ability to take concise and accurate minutes of meetings
- An understanding of Shared Lives, Homeshare and the philosophy and values underpinning our work and the sector
- An understanding of how national membership organisations work.
|Values and behaviours
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours that reflect our values:
- Sense of purpose
- Zest and energy
- Commitment to empowering people who use services and their families
- Demonstrable commitment to working in ways which promote equality of opportunity and diversity
- Values the principles of co-production, empowering people who use services and partnership working
- Confident, positive, creative, and innovative
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to work the hours dictated by the needs and demands of the job (including evenings and weekends) when required.
- Able to travel as and when required by the job, including some overnight stays across the UK.
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement considering (based on all the details in the job description and person specification) why you feel you’re the person for us. Short pre-interviews will be on 10th December 2021 , with interview process week commencing 13th December 2021. Closing date is 3 December 2021
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.