Family by Family’s (FbyF) vision is to see all families thrive, not just survive. Our service delivery team motivate, inspire, and problem-solve with families who have faced many different challenges and stresses in their lives, ranging from experiencing social isolation through to engagement with the child protection system. Family by Family is a network of families helping other families.
The Kids Coach creates a cohesive and safe play environment for all Sharing Family children, promoting the principles of Family by Family and ensuring children are engaged in activities and feel safe, connected, and supported.
The Programme Administrator supports the day to day running of the project and works closely with the delivery team to support the organisation of activities, and stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for someone who can work flexibly to fit in with the availability of families, including evening and school holidays.
The Kids Coach Responsibilities
- Create and facilitate safe and supportive play, youth and personal development opportunities for the children of families in the Family by Family programme. Set-up and pack-up for kids coaching sessions.
- Identify kid’s strengths and build on these strengths, assist children to engage and interact with each other.
- Ensure that plans and activities are family focussed and meet quality standards.
- Work with Family Coaches by sharing knowledge, opportunities for kids involvement and helping to troubleshoot problems.
- Create a fun environment that keeps families engaged and wanting to be involved, ensuring all interactions lead to good experiences and family outcomes.
- Provide updates to Service Delivery Manager and National Programme Manager in a timely manner to monitor program performance.
- Represent Family by Family in delivering presentations and contributing to reports and case studies.
- Support the team to recruit families on to the programme.
- Oversee risk and safety management in Kids coaching.
Programme Administrator Responsibilities
- Provide general admin support to the Family by Family programme.
- Assist the processing of family reimbursements and incentives.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and teleconferences
- Coordinate catering, room, equipment & document preparation
- Support event and recruitment planning.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Produce/arrange printing coaching material as required.
- Support communication team to raise awareness of Family by Family.
- Organise meetings, source and book venues and activities for family events.
- Ensure tact and sensitively when dealing with enquiries from families having tough times and ensure confidentiality regarding family’s information.
- Maintain accurate, timely case notes of families and stakeholders.
- Ensure the accurate recording and gathering of data.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Family by Family services, systems and resources with a particular focus on client focussed practice.
- Work within the service framework.
- Comply with organisational financial procedures.
- Regularly attend team meetings.
Values and Service Excellence
Family by Family Values
In all our work we role model the following values:
- Change: recognising that families are the drivers of change, change is possible through sharing aspirations and setting goals to thrive and making sure that change is always celebrated.
- Choice: where people have real control over their lives and decide what’s best for them.
- Equality: we believe people are people and we do not judge their background and experiences.
- Learning: where we continually apply practice, informed evidence combined with lived experience and theory. We commit to continually learn, adapt, and grow through reflection.
- Relationships: we foster safe, comfortable environments that create trust.
- Respect: we acknowledge and are respectful of different views to our own.
- Support: we actively empower each other to have a clear voice to enable change.
- Whole family: we are inclusive and work with and for all families no matter what shapes, size, and culture. Our interactions and systems are always family friendly.
Shared Lives Plus Values
These values form the basis of what we do, how we interact with each other and the wider environment. How we work for and with our members and the wider Shared Living community.
- Sense of purpose, purposeful
- Zest, energy
- Duties of the position may vary according to business needs.
- Work from any location within Stoke on Trent as required, including some home working.
- Out of Hours Work will be required- we are especially interested to hear from applicants who could work flexibly to meet the needs of the project.
- Staff complete a self-assessment medical questionnaire at the start of their employment.
Training / Qualifications
- Youth Work/ Play Work or Early Childhood Qualification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to attend all compulsory training required by the organisation for your position within allocated timeframe.
Experience / Knowledge
- Experience of working with wide age range of children.
- Practice which values inclusion and promotes equality and diversity.
- Experience in Family/Child sector, particularly with children ‘at risk’.
- Working knowledge of child protection systems and risk management.
- High-level administrative skills
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of people including connecting with families on their level.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multitask.
- A strong and ethical customer service approach.
- Sound knowledge and application of IT and MS Office.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to engage children as leaders, contributors and role models.
- Ability to create safe and secure environments for children.
- Ability to use initiative in the workplace and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Very strong PC skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
Please send updated CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Supporting Statement should be kept to a minimum of two pages and should include:
- Why you want to work for Family by Family
- How you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification (please use the job description/personal specification etc above) showing:
- Relevant skills and experience
- How your knowledge, values and attitude make you a suitable candidate
- How you would meet the practical requirements of the job
We welcome applicants working in the youth, community, children and family sectors who wish to be seconded.
Closing date: 9am 4 June 2021
Interview to be held via zoom on week commencing 14 June.