Shared Lives Plus

Join/Renew Log In Find Your Shared Lives Service

How to access Shared Lives care

Most people who are supported in Shared Lives are referred to their local scheme by a social worker.

If you, or the person you care for, already has a social worker, speak to them and ask them whether they can refer you to a Shared Lives scheme in your area.

If you, or the person you care for, doesn’t have a social worker, you should get in touch with the Adult Social Care department in your local council and ask for a care needs assessment.

There is more information about this on the NHS website: Getting a care needs assessment – Social care and support guide – NHS (