Shared Lives Plus England Committee Chair
We want to recruit a new Chair for our England Committee. in the past, representatives from the England committee have voted for each successive England Chair. But for the first time in our history, we have taken a different approach to finding a new Chair from our wider membership. If you are interested in becoming the next England Chair, we would like to hear from you.
The England Committee Chair is an important role for Shared Lives Plus. The purpose of the role is:
- To represent the views of people who live and work in Shared Lives in England
- To Chair the meetings of the Shared Lives Plus Committee in England.
- To provide a link between the meetings of the Shared Lives Champions Network and the Shared Lives in Scotland Committee.
- To gather topics and agree agenda items for the England Committee.
- To Chair England Committee meetings, ensuring everybody is given an opportunity to contribute their views and people are not discriminated against.
- To agree the minutes were a true representation of the of the meeting prior to their distribution.
- To provide a link between the England Committee and the Shared Lives Plus Board.
The Chair of the England Committee is elected by the members of Shared Lives Plus in England.
Who we are looking for
You need to be a Shared Lives Plus member a passionate advocate for the Shared Lives model. Applicants need not have lots of experience to apply: we will offer induction, training and ongoing support to make this role accessible.
We are keen to increase the diversity of people involved in out England committee to represent our membership, and we are looking for someone with a keen interest in equalities.
If you don’t think you are ready for this role but are interested in taking part in the Shared Lives Plus regional or England Committees, please get in touch. We will support you to learn more about our work and how you can contribute.
How to apply
If you are interested in taking on the role please provide your name and contact details. In addition, please answer the following questions:
1. Why you want to be the England Chair and why you think you are suitable for the role
2. What you hope to take away from the experience
3. How you would help the England Committee to grow and develop
Background information: What are the regional and England Committees?
Shared Lives Plus has an active committee structure which draws on the energy and enthusiasm of some very committed members. The committees provide a space for members to meet, discuss Shared Lives issues and share their views with Shared Lives Plus. In England, there are nine regional committees who meet quarterly and provide an opportunity for Shared Lives Plus members to:
- Meet up in person and access peer support
- Meet with representatives from Shared Lives Plus
- Be kept up to date about national issues impacting on Shared Lives
- Identify and discuss local and national Shared Lives carer and scheme issues
- Share ideas and good practice about the delivery of Shared Lives
- Put forward their views to the England committee
The England Committee
The England Committee comprises of representatives from across nine regions. The committee meets quarterly and aims to:
- Gather and share the views, experiences, and issues of Shared Lives carer and scheme members from each region
- Ensure that member experiences help to shape the strategic direction of Shared Lives Plus and inform our day to day work.
- communicate Shared Lives Plus’ work, direction and updates to regional members.
- hold facilitated discussion topics with the aim to develop effective guidance and practice across the Shared Lives sector