We need your help to stay connected, protect your data and to ensure your safety online. A new law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), means that you must opt in to all digital communications you receive from any organisation after Friday 25 May 2018.
Our Members are currently signed up to our Members' mailing list but under the new law, we cannot prove you have consented, as we entered the emails manually when you first became a Member. Without your consent – we can’t legally communicate with you using digital channels such as email, and you will be locked out from many of the features of Membership you pay for.
We will only continue to send your information about your Membership if you opt in here. It only takes a couple of minutes to submit your email address!
We can then continue to send you the regular newsletter, Sharing magazine, and information about all the things that are made easier by being a Member of Shared Lives Plus:
- Helpline – confidential and free advice and support for any question about Shared Lives
- “Ask the Legal Expert” - one hour of free legal advice from our legal partners, Jackson Canter, including benefits, debt, housing and general social care queries
- Lower cost help with tax returns
- Keep up to date with laws affecting your role
- Personal development modules enabling you to understand Shared Lives’ values, deliver support confidently and refresh your Shared Lives way of life
- Mediation support
- New - free will writing service
- Mortgage advice which understands Shared Lives carers’ self-employed income
- Free legal representation if criminal charges are made against you and legal advice to help you challenge de-approval
- Regional and national campaigns to promote Shared Lives
We will also keep you up to date with information about:
- Using our online forum packed full of advice, guidance and a lively discussion board to connect with other Shared Lives carers across the UK
- Free local, regional and national teleconferences to talk with other Shared Lives carers and ask our carer support team directly about issues affecting you
- Meeting others for support, friendship and fun. We offer practical support and advice to develop and maintain a Shared Lives carer group in your area.
- Local, regional and national meetings and events
- Free discounts on everyday shopping, holidays, products and services, food and drink and much more with our Wider Wallet scheme widerwallet.com
- Discounted entrance at Shared Lives Plus Annual Conference
The deadline for submitting your email address is Friday 25 May 2018.
If you don’t submit your email address by this date, we will remove you from our database.
Further information on GDPR is available, and if you have any questions, concerns or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us – either by replying to this email or by calling 0151 227 3499.
Complying with the new data law is like making sure the door is locked behind you – and that you’ve got the keys to get back in.