Shared Lives Plus is recruiting for a new Finance Officer
Salary: £29,423 (pro rata) - £17,892 (actual)
Hours: 22.5 per week
Location: Shared Lives Plus Head Office Liverpool
An opportunity has arisen within Shared Lives Plus for a confident, self-motivated Finance Officer to support all aspects of the charity’s work and development through the provision of strong financial assistance. Shared Lives Plus is the UK network for Shared Lives and Home Share. Our members work on a small scale or in their own family homes, helping older and disabled people to live good lives in a place they feel they belong.
Working as a member of a small team, the Finance Officer will work closely with the Finance Director and the Operations Manager on all matters regarding financial management, planning, control and reporting.
The role will include but is not limited to:
• Ensuring the accurate maintenance of the financial records on Xero for the charity in order to provide timely and relevant information.
• Assisting the accurate production of grant reports and budgets for grant applications
• Manage and reconcile the bank and key balance sheet control accounts.
• Assist in the management and reporting of VAT
• Assist with the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the finance of the charity.
• Assist with the production of budgets, financial plans and other such financial information as deemed required to manage the charity.
• Assist with compliance to all statutory responsibilities including filing with the Charity Commission.
You will be energetic, resourceful, resilient and able to work on your own initiative.
Shared Lives Plus is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you think you have what we need please visit our website for an application pack.
Deadline for completed applications 12 noon 21st January 2019
Interviews in Liverpool – January 2019 (date tbc)