We have been commissioned by the City of York Council to expand our successful and well established Shared Lives scheme to include people with mental health needs. We are an award winning social care charity with over 20 years experience, providing support to adults with care needs both out in the community and within their own homes. Our Shared Lives service provides accommodation within a family environment, either long or short term, for respite or for day services, helping towards achieving and maintaining an independent lifestyle.
We are looking for an enthusiastic social care manager to join our local team. Could you take the lead role in developing our Shared Lives scheme with a particular emphasis on mental health - exploring new growth opportunities and guiding new carers through our approval processes? You will be responsible for building links with the local community and relevant professionals to develop suitable referral pathways. You will need to be able to work flexibly as some meetings may take place outside of office hours.
If you have experience of working in social care, and in project management, you could be just the person we are looking for to expand our Shared Lives service with this new project.
What you need…
- Experience of engaging and networking at a senior level
- Management experience in social care and in leading a team
- The ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety
- Evidence of sharing the vision and values of Avalon and of Shared Lives
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
- To be a car driver with use of a vehicle for business purposes
You can find out more information including the Person Specification and application form from their website here