Development Officer (young people in transition).
Salary Scale: £32,966 per annum (pro rata: actual £20,047)
Accountable to: Development Manager
Hours: 22.5 hours a week
Duration: 2 years
Location: Home based with travel
Shared Lives Plus is the UK network for Shared Lives and Homeshare. Our members are Shared Lives carers and workers, and Homeshare programmes.
Shared Lives is a radical form of care and support that centres on sharing home, family and community life. Its innovative approach sees Shared Lives carers share their own home and family life with an older or disabled person, as an alternative to traditional care services.
We are looking for a Development Officer who will
- Support our members who are Shared Lives scheme managers and individual Shared Lives carers, safeguarding the values, quality and safety of the sector during a period of growth and change.
- Support growth, diversification and development in the sector, developing new national partnerships and supporting the formation of local partnerships, with a particular focus on support to young people with care and support needs in transition to adulthood and their family carers.
- Work with policy makers, particularly in the field of transition for young people and their support, inclusion and empowerment.
- Raise income and funds for the continuation and expansion of our work.
- Contribute to the effective administration of Shared Lives Plus.
Shared Lives Plus is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Deadline for completed applications 12.00 noon 14th July 2017
Interviews to be held on 25th July 2017
Reg Charity No (Eng & Wales): 1095562
Reg Charity No (Scotland)SC042743
Company No: 4511426 www.SharedLivesPlus.org.uk